Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Week One


Hi! I'm bright-eyed and bushy-tailed here to give report! Wow, this week has been awesome! Not only did my amazing husband finish grad school (can I get a "whoop, whoop!"?), I've felt well enough to enjoy it!! Folks, this is big news! This morning I feel so great!! All week I've felt good, but today, it's like, "Bring it on, world!" Woo! The whole nearly-irresistible urge to skip down the hallway is not my usual. But, I think I could get used to it.

All right, the results. My pounds lost: TWO. I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but for someone who has been creeping along at maybe 1/2 pound loss a week working full-out, this is AMAZING. I have, also, to confess that I really did poorly as far as eating right and exercising last week. I'm pretty sheepish, but we had family here and what with celebrating the graduation...yeah, it just didn't get done. On the upside-makes the loss all the more impressive! Normally I would not only have NOT maintained, I would have gained behaving like I did last week. Instead, I lost two pounds. You know what? I think I'll take it! :)

I wish I could tell you how many inches I'm down, but unfortunately, I cannot find the notebook I took them down in last week. :( Like I already said, though, I lost two inches off my waist two days ago. And that, my friends, is my trouble spot, so I'm thinkin' I did okay with the inches lost. I'll make sure it doesn't happen again. One thing I did noticed this week as I was taking my measurements: I'm symmetrical. Like, one thigh is the same size as the other thigh, etc. This is a fun occurrence, one I haven't enjoyed before. I always had one side bigger than the other, and just figured I must favor one side over the other, so that's just how it would be. We'll see if it maintains.
Other effects:
Firmer skin, everywhere: Check
Smaller pores: Check
Great nails: Check
Sleeping better: CHECK!!
More Energy: CHECK, CHECK!!!
Overall Happier and Less Stressed: CHECK, CHECK, CHECK!!!
Yep. Pretty good week. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to finish my morning Liv Sxinney.

No comments:

Post a Comment