Friday, May 22, 2009

WAKE UP!

You know that scene in The Sound of Music when Maria is on her way to the Von Trapps' and she's singing "Confidence"? There's that line, "When you wake up, WAKE UP! It's healthy!!" that I've taken issue with since becoming a mother. I have thought to myself more than once, "Excuse, Miss Nun? Your days are filled with prayer and singing in the hills. You wake up. I'm going back to bed."


Waking up when I wake up is not my strong suit. It hasn't always been this way. When I was younger, waking up was something I did very well. In my very younger years, probably too well for my own mother. :) But, since having kids, groggy was pretty much the standard. It would usually take me a good five minutes to feel like I wasn't a total zombie, and then I'd still be sleepy, then work my way to tired, then spend the day dragging. Just don't let me sit down too long, because I may fall asleep.


You know what I found this morning? After staying up too late (looking at darling crochet baby hats on Etsy (shhh...don't tell)), and waking up too early? I'm awake. Yes, Maria would be proud. When I woke up this morning, I really woke up! Hooray!! I must be healthy! Thanks, Liv Sxinney.

Excuse me, now, for I must go put on my wimple and kick up my heels! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment